Pawnshop seems quite out of fashion these days as people can easily get a loan from the bank or borrow money from their friends and family.
However, not everyone can be lucky enough to have friends and family who have spare money to lend them or enough credit to make a loan. For that reason, some people still rely on pawnshops in this situation.
Therefore, this article today will give you many details about one of the most famous shops in this field, Raquel Pawnshop.
Table of Contents
About Raquel Pawnshop
Raquel Pawnshop started in 1986, and it was run by Ms Raquelita R. Rafa, the daughter of Mr Reynaldo and Mrs Rosita Raquel. The shop location was at the center of Lucena City. This city is also where Raquel began its textile business.
The specific address of this shop is No. 129 Merchan Street, Lucena City. At that time, Ms Raquelita R. Rafa was passionate about this business, so she spent all of her time and did her best to grow it.
She was truly a one-man army because she handled everything and worked all the positions in that pawnshop. From a manager, appraiser to maintenance personnel, no position in the shop that she wasn’t in.
It must be so stressful and overwhelming when taking care of everything by herself. Luckily, Ms Raquelita R. Rafa had guidance from her parents and her patient and never-back-down attitude, the Raquel Pawnshop bloomed.
Witnessing how wonderful and tough Raquelita R. Rafa was, Pablito, May Raquel and Ronaldo, her siblings, were inspired and opened their pawnshops using the same name.
Mr. Pablito L. Raquel opened a second branch in No. 51 Zamora Street, Barangay 6, Lucena City while Quezon Avenue, Barangay 7, Lucena City is Ms. May Raquel R. Lacuesta’s choice. The fourth one run by Mr Ronaldo L. Raquel was in No. 142-A Merchan Street, Lucena City.
As all the branches kept expanding steadily, Raquel’s family agreed to establish Raquel Pawnshop, Inc. on November 5, 1993.
On the first day, Raquel Pawnshop’s main business was pawning, and their customers were people living in this area. Later, more branches began to open in Quezon and Laguna provinces. The most well-known service in Raquel was “Renew Anywhere”.
With the success of this service, they grew steadily and began offering additional services to meet all the needs of their customers.
Raquel Pawnshop – the place to visit for financial service!
Raquel Pawnshop offers several products and services after many years of establishment and development. Below is a list of the services available at the Raquel:
- They allow you to pawn your jewelry, gadgets, smartwatches like Apple Watch. They also accept bags from luxury brands like Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, etc.
- If you are hunting for special and unique jewelry or gadgets, an auction might fit your needs. The best thing is that they accept cash and credit cards for your purchases.
- If you need to transfer money, they have that service for you.
- In some specific branches, they offer a Currency Exchange service.
- Raquel Pawnshop also develops a mobile app called G-Cash. This app allows you to deposit or withdraw cash anywhere.
- You can pay all your utility bills in Raquel.
- If you can not find their branches near you, you can get your cash at RCBC’s ATMs.
- With many shops all over the Philippines, you can send or receive money at the shops.
- Finally, the service has brought fame to Raquel, Renew Anywhere; with this service, patrons can renew or pay their pawned interest at any branch.
Many services can be found in Raquel Pawnshop!
There is no limitation to the loan as it depends on the value of the pawned items after being assessed.
The interest rate will depend on the value of the item plus a 1% service fee when the item is appraised.
Branches and Contact Lines
If you want to know about the exact location of the branch(es) near you, simply google “Raquel Pawnshop around here”. If you are currently based in a city, you are highly likely to be close to a branch.
Raquel Pawnshop Branches
You can contact the pawnshop in a variety of ways, such as the following:
129 Merchan Street, Brgy. 6
Brgy. San Isidro, 144 Quezon Avenue, Angono
168 Quezon Avenue, Brgy. 7
MacArthur Highway, San Vicente
168 Quezon Avenue, Brgy. 7
Brgy IV, Atimonan
51 Zamora Street, Brgy. 6
139 Damballelos, Balayan
142 Merchan Street, Brgy. 6
24 St. Brgy 3 JY Orosa, Bauan
Merchant Corner, Brgy. 4
National Road, Banlic, Cabuyao City
If you want to see the whole branches of Raquel Pawnshop, you can check out their main website. In cases you have any queries, here is their contact number: (02) 8709 0878.
A client receives a great deal from Raquel Pawnshop!
See also: CVM Pawnshop Philippines Review
Pawning At Raquel.
How to loan
Before making a loan, make sure that you have a valid ID. The list below is what Raquel Pawnshop accepts:
- Agency ID (If you work for a government agency)
- Alien Certification/Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) ID
- Barangay Certificate
- Company ID
- Driver’s License
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
- Overseas Filipino Worker’s ID or OFW E-Card
- Pag Ibig ID
- Philippine or Foreign Passport
- Philippine Regulatory Commission (PRC)
- Police Clearance
- Postal ID
- Senior Citizen ID
- Social Security System (SSS)
- Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Unified Multipurpose ID (UMID)
- Voter ID
Then you must go through all additional terms before deciding whether to pawn your items at Raquel Pawnshop or not. This information is available on their website.
After making up your mind, there are steps for you to follow:
- Go to one of their branches that is near your location.
- Remember to bring along the item you will pawn with you.
- Their appraiser will assess and examine how much money your items will be worth.
- If you agree with the deal they offer, you can sign on to the pawn ticket.
- Then, you receive the loan and keep it carefully because you will use it for renewal or redemption later.
The table below will give you some information about which item is accepted at this shop:
|Portable devices||Wearable devices||Bags of luxury brand|
|• Cell Phones
• Tablets or IPads
• Digital Cameras
• Nintendo console
|• Apple Watch
• Smart Watch
• Gopro 4
• Louis Vuitton
“Highly recommend Raquel pawnshop zamora branch because all staff are friendly. They are always smiling even when they are tired and they are all kind to all of you.”
Best experiences are waiting for you at the Raquel Pawnshop! So do not hesitate if you need any services that they are providing.
Thank you for reading and see you later.
Want to get cash fast and easy?