A Metrobank personal loan can help with whatever you need – from school tuition, medical expenses, or just an emergency fund. Learn how to apply for your own today! Our blog will cover everything you need to know about the process of applying, what documents are necessary and the benefits of owning this type of personal loan.
Table of Contents
- 1 About Metrobank
- 2 Types of Metrobank Personal Loan
- 3 Benefits Of Metrobank Personal Loan
- 4 What Are The Requirements For Applying To Metrobank Personal Loan?
- 5 What Are The Required Documents For Applying To Metrobank Personal Loan?
- 6 How To Apply For Metrobank Personal Loan?
- 7 What Is Metrobank Personal Loan’s Interest Rate?
- 8 Conclusion
Metropolitan Bank and Trust Co., one of the oldest banks in Makati City, was founded on April 6th, 1962, by Siao Kian Ty. The company offers banking services to both commercial clients as well as consumers through its various departments.
They include consumer lending for small businesses with high-risk profiles or individuals, as well as corporate financing designed specifically towards corporations wanting higher-level loans.
If you want an investment banking choice that provides advice about multinational transactions involving stocks brokerage advisory, Metrobank is also your destination.
The Investment Banking segment arranges finance for clients and offers services related to the sale of stocks, IPOs (initial public offerings), advisory work on mergers & acquisition cases. The Treasury division deals with money market trading as well as providing loans.
Branch banking handles deposits at branches while the Others segment support activities including leasing, remittances, account financing, and some support services.
Types of Metrobank Personal Loan
Metrobank has come to the rescue of countless families in need as they offer competitive rates for home loans and car loans.
Whether buying or renovating homes in general (or even just looking at purchasing one), Metrobank has products tailored specifically towards this goal.
- You can borrow 80% of the selling price of the property for five years at affordable fixed interest rates.
- You can buy a property with a minimum of PHP 500,000 loan amount.
- We’ll help plot out exactly what type or size house would suit both needs best based on price range restrictions as well as desired location/accessibility. There won’t be any surprises when transferring ownership after the closing date arrives.
- Building a home necessitates a large sum of money. You can borrow at least PHP 500,000 with a repayment period of up to 25 years and utilize your land and projected improvement as a mortgage asset.
- Purchasing a second property might be simpler and quicker. Use your existing house as collateral, and you can buy a new one.
- You don’t have to give up your lifestyle to own a home. Metrobank has a minimum loan amount of PHP 500,000 and reimburses it within one year of purchase.
- Send your loan to Metrobank, and they will assist you in calculating your payment terms as well as interest rates so that you can pay your loan easily.
Get a car loan from Metrobank to make your dream of having the perfect vehicle come true. With bank auto loans, you can get an affordable and reliable option that suits all needs – whether it be for personal or business use! Here’s what documents will help prepare:
- Most income tax return or employment certification with information on salary, position, and service length
- Valid government-issued Identification
- SIRV/I-Card/ACR with official receipt (for foreign applicants)
- COEC with the email address of employer for land-based or latest POEA contract for sea-based OFWs only
- Bank statements/Audited financial statements (for businesses)
Benefits Of Metrobank Personal Loan
Flexibility And Versatility
Personal loans can help in many ways, from getting through hospital bills to consolidating debt.
You will receive careful consultancy at Metrobank
If there is a big purchase you want to make without being tied down to the method, you can use a personal loan. Going over the purchasing details with a lender so that your money can go into the right places before you apply for the loan is good for an informed choice.
Low-Interest Costs And High Loan Limits
Personal loans are great for those with excellent credit history. They come with fewer interests than a regular card, and you can qualify to take out more money if needed!
Zero Collateral Obligations
Your personal loans may not require collateral for approval. This means that if your credit isn’t in the best of shape, it can still work out with an uncollateralized loan as long as there are no major red flags on the customers’ file.
Zero Worries About Management
It’s important to take out a personal loan if you have many credit card accounts at once. A single payment every month with the same rate is much easier than juggling a handful for each one!
What Are The Requirements For Applying To Metrobank Personal Loan?
To apply for a Personal Loan of Metrobank, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- At least 21 years of age and should not be over 65 years old.
- If from outside the country, you must have a permanent residency visa in the Philippines
- Filipino citizen with fixed income or self-employed
- Self-employed applicants must be earning P30,000 at least or have the same Gross Monthly Family Income (GMFI) as those with fixed income.
- Employed applicants must have at least two (2) years of tenure with their current employer.
For OFWs – Overseas Filipino Workers:
- Must be earning at least $1,000 (or P30,000) for self-employed people or have the same Total Monthly Family Income (GMFI) as fixed income earners.
- Land-based must be a technical officer or administrator.
- Is actively employed or recently established a contract upon loan application
- Employed as an OFW with different employers.
- If employed for less than two years: Must have employment record locally in the nearest five years before gaining OFW status.
- Sea-based must be in an officer rank.
- Has a combined state of local and global employment.
- 48 months total work experience inclusive of previous agencies.
- Has a mixed-duty contract for at least twenty-four months with the current agency.
What Are The Required Documents For Applying To Metrobank Personal Loan?
OFWs abroad are qualified for a loan from Metrobank based on different requirements. Additional to submitting an application form that is completely filled out, to get approved with this personal loan, one must bring certain things if they wish it:
- Government-issued Identification card
- Latest Identification photo (1″ x 1″ or 2″ x 2″)
Any of these documents:
- Three months payslips
- Certificate of Employment with details on salary, position, and length of service (original if OFW)
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR)
Source of Repayment
- For Self Employed – 6 months bank record with BOO Certification with the state “No Overdraft Charges”
- Land-Based – Employee Certification with email of employer Sea-Based – Latest POEA Paperwork
- Latest Income Tax Return
- 6 mos. proof of remittance
- 3 months of payslips (original)
- Transfer Certificate of Title/Condominium Certificate of Title
- Land-Based – Employee Certification with email of employer Sea-Based – Latest POEA Contract
- Tax Declaration
- Reservation Agreement (RA)
- House Plans / Bill of Materials / Building Specifications (for construction loans) OR Contract-to-Sell (CTS) or
How To Apply For Metrobank Personal Loan?
Head yourself to the closest Metrobank facility in your neighborhood and bring along all the paperwork necessary for the process. Once your turn is up, please hand over all the required documents to the bank officer in charge of your case.
If there is other paperwork to be done, follow the instructions of the officer, and you are good to go. Be prepared to pay the fees needed for the transaction.
These are the fees you need to take into account:
- Appraisal Fee – upon application – ₱3,000.00 to 3,500.00
- Inspection Fee – for construction loans only, upon every step of the process – ₱500.00 per check
- Handling Fee – upon approval of loan/deducted from proceeds – ₱2,000.00
- Other additional fees
What Is Metrobank Personal Loan’s Interest Rate?
Metrobank is the place to go if you’re looking for a car loan. They have different options, like loans from ₱250K up to 80% of the net selling price! Metrobank wants its customers satisfied with every aspect of service, so their offer is exceptional!
Car loans are the way to go!
You will still pay a fee of ₱1,500.00 pesos as well as the Chattel Mortgage Fee Composition. The second type of fee varies per the amount you take for your loan.
Metrobank is a great option for those looking to take out home loans. They offer competitive rates and require that you meet certain criteria, like being 21 years old or older with good income from employment (₱30K).
With Metrobank’s home loan, you will earn your dream house in a second!
There’s also an exception if they’re military personnel stationed abroad who work two full-year contracts. So no more compromising your job duties just because of monetary difficulties!
Thank you for reading our blog post about the benefits of taking out a Metrobank personal loan. We hope that this article gives you enough confidence to take a loan and live the life you want. If you have any questions or would like to apply, please contact us. We are happy to help answer your questions and guide you through the application process.