The current domestic and international banking network in our country is extremely rich, there are many banks offering many attractive incentives to attract customers. According to statistics, BDO bank dominates the largest market share of Philippines to 18%.
So what is BDO Bank? Is it reputable? Why do you have such a large number of customers? Follow Fastloans.PH find out in the article below.
BDO bank information summary sheet
|Philippines trading name||Banco de Oro Universal Bank|
|English trading name||Banco de Oro Universal Bank|
|Type||Full-service Universal bank|
|Head Office||7899 Makati Avenue Makati City 0726, Philippines|
|Total Assets||₱3.19 trillion $66.42 billion (Increase12%) (2019)|
|Hotline||Metro Manila: (+632) 8631-800|
Table of Contents
Information of BDO Unibank?
Banco de Oro Universal Bank (English name: Banco de Oro Universal Bank, abbreviated as BDO) is is the largest bank in the Philippines, fifteenth largest in Southeast Asia, 116th largest in Asia, and the 234th largest bank globally
Established and officially put into operation on January 2, 1968, with more than 50 years of enduring operation, BDO has outperformed to become one of the largest capitalization companies in the stock market. contract in Philippines.
According to statistics from 2019, the total assets of the bank are about ₱3.19 trillion $66.42 billion, in the list of 3 banks with the largest total assets in Philippines.
BDO bank history
BDO Unibank was established on January 2, 1968, as Acme Savings Bank, a thrift bank with just two branches in Metro Manila.
In November 1976, Acme was acquired by the SM Group, the group of companies owned by retail magnate Henry Sy, and renamed Banco de Oro Savings and Mortgage Bank.
In December 1994, BDO became a commercial bank and was renamed Banco de Oro Commercial Bank.
In September 1996, BDO became a universal bank, which led to the bank’s name being changed to the current Banco de Oro Universal Bank (BDO Unibank). It is one of the many banks owned by a Chinese-Filipino in the Philippines (others include Metrobank and Chinabank).
BDO Unibank eventually became involved in insurance services in 1997 (it is a bancassurance firm) by establishing a subsidiary called BDO Insurance Brokers.
In 1999, BDO Unibank expanded its insurance services through partnerships with Zamora Assurance and Assicurazoni Generali s.p.a. (Generali), one of the world’s largest insurance firms, and Jerneh Asia Berhad, a member of Malaysia’s Kuok Group. Later, BDO Unibank partnered up with its insurance affiliates, which are Generali Pilipinas Life Assurance Company and Generali Pilipinas Insurance Company, in March 2000.
The new BDO Unibank retained the ticker symbol of the old Banco de Oro. 1.3 billion BDO shares was issued in exchange for 727 million Equitable PCI Bank shares, which was de-listed on June 4, 2007.
The current bank is the product of the Banco de Oro–Equitable PCI Bank merger after the boards of both Banco de Oro Universal Bank and Equitable PCI Bank agreed to merge on December 27, 2006. For a while, the entity was known as Banco de Oro-EPCI, Inc., but announced that it would go by the name Banco de Oro Unibank, Inc. starting February 2007.
Finally in 2010 Banco de Oro changed its name to BDO Unibank, Inc. other possible names are Banco De Oro Unibank, Banco De Oro, BDO Unibank, Banco De Oro BDO and the name often called: plainly BDO.
As of 2020, BDO has the largest distribution network with over 1,400 operating branches and more than 4,400 ATMs nationwide. It is also currently the country’s largest bank in terms of consolidated resources, customer loans, deposits, assets under management and capital, as well as branch and ATM network nationwide.
(source: Wikipedia – BDO Unibank)
See also: BDO Exchange Rate – BDO Forex Today
The organizational structure of BDO
With more than 50 years of experience in operation, BDO has strongly developed with more than 1,434 branches , member units at home and abroad with nearly 38,510 employees.
In addition, BDO has also developed an Autobank system with more than 4,466 ATMs nationwide.
Is BDO Bank reputable?
Possessing an extremely large number of individual customers and following the growth of each month, quarter and year, it is no coincidence that BDO becomes the largest bank in Philippines.
So is BDO bank really good and reputable? The following evidence will surely answer the questions in your heart.
BDO Unibank, Inc. is the most awarded bank in the Philippines. Over the years, award-giving bodies and financial organizations in the Philippines, Asia, Europe, and other regions have recognized our efforts to find ways for our clients, the industry, and our community.
They are proud to be a consistent winner in domestic and international banking awards in the last two decades, continuously earning awards in categories like private banking, investment banking, asset and fund management, cash management, private wealth management, and bonds and equities. We have also been recognized for our environment, social, and governance initiatives.
Among our most recent banking awards in 2018 are:
● “2018 Best Bank in the Philippines” by Finance Asia and Alpha Southeast Asia
● “2018 Best Domestic Bank” by Euromoney’s Asiamoney Best Bank Awards
● “2018 Strongest Bank in the Philippines” by The Asian Banker Strongest Banks by Balance Sheet
● “2018 Best Domestic Bank” by The Asset Triple A Country Awards
● “Platinum Award” by The Asset Corporate Awards
Below is a partial list of BDO’s awards and accolades since the early 2000s to the present.
Alpha Southeast Asia
11th Annual Best Deal & Solution Awards
- 2017 Best Bond Deal for Retail Investors in Southeast Asia 2017 – Republic of the Philippines Bureau of the Treasury’s Php181B (equivalent to USD2.3B) Retail treasury Bonds (BDO Capital as one of the Joint issue Managers)
- Best Leveraged Finance Backed M&A Deal in Southeast Asia (Star Energy Consortium’s M&A of Chevron’s Geothermal Assets in Indonesia – BDO Unibank as one of the Lenders)
- Best Deal in Southeast Asia 2017 (Star Energy Consortium’s M&A of Chevron’s Geothermal Assets in Indonesia – BDO Unibank as one of the Lenders)
12th Annual Best FI Awards 2018
- Best Bank, Philippines
- Best Investment Bank (BDO Capital & Investment)
- Best Cash Management Bank
- Best Private Wealth Management Bank: BDO Private Bank
- Asiamoney Cash Management Client Satisfaction Award 2017: Best Bank in the Philippines
- 2018 Asiamoney Best Bank Awards: Best Domestic Bank
- 2018 Asiamoney Asia’s Outstanding Companies Poll: Most Outstanding Company in the Philippines – Financial
Asian Banking & Finance
- Domestic Cash Management Bank of the Year
- Philippine Domestic Trade Finance Bank of the Year
- Corporate Social Responsibility of the Year – Gold (BDO Foundation)
- Corporate & Investment Bank of the Year- Philippines
- Equity Deal of the Year, Philippines
- Syndicated Loan of the Year, Philippines
- Asset Management Awards 2018 Onshore Fund House of the Year in the Philippines (2016 – 2018)
Corporate Governance Asia
8th Asian Excellence Award 2018
- BDO – One of the recipients of the 8th Asian Excellence Recognition Awards 2018
- One of the recipients of Asia’s Best CEO (Investor Relations) Nestor V. Tan, Pres. & CEO
- One of the recipients of Asia’s Best CFO (Investor Relations)- Pedro M. Florescio III
- Best Corporate Communications
- Best IR Company (Philippines)
- One of the recipients of Best Investor Relations Professional (Philippines) – Luis S. Reyes, Jr.
14th Corporate Governance Asia Recognition Awards 2018
- BDO – One of the recipients of the Corporate Governance Asia Annual Recognition Awards 2018
- Teresita T. Sy-Coson, Chairperson – one of the recipients of the Asian Corporate Director of the Year 2018
- Nestor V. Tan, resident & CEO – one of the recipients of the Asian Corporate Director of the Year 2018
Enterprise Asia (AREA)
- Asia Responsible Entrepreneurship Awards 2018: BDO Foundation, Social Empowerment category for the program “Typhoon Haiyan”
- Euromoney Awards for Excellence 2018: Best Bank in the Philippines
FinanceAsia Achievement Awards 2017: Deal of the Year, Philippines ($1.2Billion rights Offering)
FinanceAsia 2018 Country Awards
- Best Bank in the Philippines
- Best Private Bank in the Philippines
- BDO Unibank, Rank 24, Top Company in the Philippines
- BDO Unibank, Rank 1072, Second Company in the Philippines
- Global Finance World Best Bank Awards 2016: Best Private Bank in the Philippines
- Global Finance Best Safest Bank 2018: Best Safest Bank
- Global Finance Best Foreign Exchange Providers 2018: Best Foreign Exchange Provider
- Global Finance Best Trade Finance Banks 2018: Best Trade Finance Banks
- Global Finance Best Private Banks 2018: Best Private Bank in the Philippines
- Global Finance World’s Best Bank Awards: Best Investment Bank
- All Asia Executive Team 2018: NVT: #1 in The Best CEO-Emerging Markets, Philippines
- IJ Global Asia Pacific Awards 2017: Asia Pacific M&A – Acquisition of Chevron’s Indonesian Geothermal Assets
Reader’s Digest Trusted Brands 2018
- Gold Trusted Brand Award – Bank category
- Gold Trusted Brand Award – Credit Card Issuing Bank category
- Gold Trusted Brand Award – Investment Fund category
- Gold Trusted Brand Award – Personal Loans category
The Asian Banker
- The Asian Banker Transaction Banking Awards: Best Cash Management Bank in the Philippines
- The Asian Banker Excellence in Retail Financial Services Awards 2018: Mortgage Product of the Year
- The Asian Banker Excellence Strongest Banks 2018: Strongest Bank in the Philippines
- The Asian Banker Philippine Country Awards 2016: Best Social Media Initiative
- The Asian Banker Excellence Strongest Banks 2018: Best Deposit Product
- The Asian Banker Excellence Strongest Banks 2018: Best Mobile Payments Initiative
The Asset Triple A Digital Awards: Best Retail Social – Media Banking Experience, Philippines
The Asset Triple A Treasury, Trade, Supply Chain & Risk Management Awards 2017
- Best in Treasury and Working Capital-SME’s, Philippines
- Best Service Provider – Cash Management, Philippines
The Asset Triple A Asia Infrastructure Awards 2018
- Project Finance House of the Year, Philippines – BDO Capital
- Energy / Renewable Energy Deal of the Year, Regional – BDO Capital
- Renewable Energy Deal of the Year, Philippines – BDO Capital
- Power Deal of the Year, Philippines – BDO Capital
- Most Innovative Deal of the Year, Philippines – BDO Capital
The Asset Triple A Servicing, Institutional Investor and Insurance Award 2018: Asset Management Company of the Year, Philippines
The Asset Triple A Private Banking, Wealth Management, Investment and ETF Awards 2018: Best Private Bank, Philippines
The Asset Triple A Benchmark Research Awards 2018 : House and Astute Investor Awards
- BDO Unibank, Top Investment House in Asian G3 Bond Benchmark Review 2018, Philippines Rank 1 (Rank 3 in 2017)
- Tiffany Grace Lim, BDO Trust, Most Astute Investor in Asian Local Currency Bond Benchmark Review 2018 Philippines, Rank 6 (Rank 7 in 2017)
- Ryanna Berza-Talan, BDO Trust, Most Astute Investors in Asian Local Currency Bonds, Philippines, Highly Commended
- BDO Capital, Top Arranger in Asian Local Currency Bond Benchmark Review 2018, Rank 3
The Asset Corporate Awards 2018
- Platinum Award
- BDO Foundation – Highly Commended Initiative in Social Responsibility
The Asset Triple A Country Awards 2018
Best Domestic Bank in the Philippines
- Best Corporate and Institutional Adviser in the Philippines
- Best Equity Adviser
- Best Loan Adviser
- Best Acquisition Financing
- Best Syndicated Loan (BDO Unibank, BDO Capital & BDO Private Bank)
- Best Innovative Deal
- Investment Management Awards Best Investment Management Company, Philippines (2016 – 2018)
- 2017 Asian Banking 300 Award BDO Unibank, recipient of the 2017 Asian Banking 300 Award
Not only maintaining its position in Philippines, BDO is also gradually raising its name in the region and in the world.
BDO banking and financial services
BDO is a full-service universal bank that provides a complete array of industry leading products and services to the retail and corporate markets including:
- Lending (corporate, middle market, SME, and consumer)
- Foreign Exchange, Brokering
- Trust and Investments
- Credit Cards
- Corporate Cash Management and Remittances.
Through its subsidiaries, the Bank offers Leasing and Financing, Investment Banking, Private Banking, Bancassurance, Insurance Brokerage and Stock Brokerage services.
BDO bank transfer fee
Send Money is easy and convenient with BDO Digital Banking
To any BDO account: You can send cash via a receiver’s BDO account number, email address, mobile number, or QR code linked to their BDO account
- Service Fee: FREE
- Daily Transaction Limit: PHP 50,000
- Minimum Transaction Amount: PHP 100
- Availability of Funds: Real-time Credit
To other local banks and wallets: Send money to other local banks and wallets
- Service Fee: PHP 25.00
- Daily Transaction Limit: PHP 50,000
- Minimum Transaction Amount: PHP 100
- Availability of Funds: Real-time Credit
Other Send Money Options
|*Transaction*||*Limit*||*Transaction Fee*||*Availability Funds*|
|*Send Money for Pick-up*
Pick-up Anywhere at the
• BDO Remit Counters in
• BDO Network Bank
• RD Pawnshop
• Villarica Pawnshop
• Cebuana Lhuillier
• M. Lhuillier Kwarta
REMINDER: Only Palawan
Pawnshop is a BDO Cash
Pick-up partner. Palawan
Express Padala Outlet or
Agent is different from
Palawan Pawnshop and is
NOT a BDO Cash Pick-up
|Daily Transaction Limit:
PHP 50,000 (except for
Cebuana Lhuillier: PHP
Transaction Amount: PHP
*Shared limit across
|PHP 100 (except for MLKP
and Cebuana – PHP 150)
*Transaction fee will not
be refunded if customer
requests to cancel
Within 2-4 days due to
|Send Money – Own BDO
Account (USD to PHP)
|Daily Transaction Limit:
Real-time credit, Exchange
rate will be the published
rate in the BDO website
|Send Money – Enrolled 3rd
Party (Should be the same
|Daily Transaction Limits
• PHP 1,000,000
• USD 20,000
• AUD 28,000 • CAD 28,000
• CNY 140,000 • EUR
• GBP 16,000
• HKD 160,000 • SGD
Amount: PHP 0.01
(Source is USD account,
destination can be any
currency)[Available via Web Only]
|No limits, up to available
|Wire Transfer Fee: USD 10
Additional Charge if On Us:
3-5 days processing with
11AM cut-off until further
notice due to GCQ
Hopefully the above information has helped readers to understand more about what BDO is and what is the answer of existing questions. Wish you have a great service experience at BDO.