Philippine National Bank – PNB is one of the largest bank in the Philippines and one of the leading banks in Asia. Ever since it was established, PNB has been committed to providing excellent customer service and products that meet your needs. The goal of this blog post is to provide you with everything you need to know about this bank. Read on!
Table of Contents
What Is PNB?
The Philippine National Bank is the fourth largest privately-owned bank in this country. Specifically, PNB has played an important role in the country’s economic development with its programs of agricultural modernization and support for trade finance.
PNB bank on wheels
The bank is among those first to pioneer efforts for OFW remittance business with many innovations. These innovations include the computerized banking system with ATMs or ATS, bank on wheels, mobile money changing services, Unit Investment Trust Fund, and electronic filing and payment system for large taxpayers.
PNB’s banking activities are diverse and expansive, providing customers with a full range of services. These include deposit-taking, lending (both mortgages and personal loans), bill discounting for commercial clients who need cash promptly or want lower interest rates than banks offer on savings accounts and trade finance such as foreign exchanges.
Through its subsidiaries and affiliates, the bank also expands its banking services across China, the USA, the UK, and many other countries.
PNB Mission, Vision, And Important Milestones
Their goal is to provide the Filipino community with quality financial services that will create value and enrich their lives.
Vision 2010 and Beyond
To become the most popular financial services institution in the Philippines regarding:
- Financial achievement – return on equity falling on the top 3 of the country
- Ingenuity – with its products, services, and advanced technologies
- The customer-centered organization with a passion for service excellence
- The preferred financial services provider
- Social responsibility – great working environment, better corporate and partnership in the process of nation-building
- Long-term vision – to sustain a competitive advantage, the bank has to be ready for changes in customer preferences and their working manner.
- 2000: Lucio Tan Group succeeded in becoming the largest private stockholder of PNB
- 2013: Joined Allied Banking Corporation (ABC)
- 2014: Incorporated on its stock right offering of common shares, raising P11.6 B in additional capital and completing the process ahead of time
- 2018: Successfully issued US$300 M of Fixed Rate Senior Notes for 5 Years out of its US$1 B Medium Term Note Program
- Signed a US$250 million first syndicated loan for its Tokyo branch.
- Conducted its first peso bond offering, which raised P13.87 billion.
Is PNB A Government Or Private Bank?
PNB, the country’s first universal bank established by the Government of Philippines in 1916, and became fully privatized in 2007 as the fourth largest privately-owned Philippine commercial bank.
What Products And Services Do PNB Provide?
Here is a list of products/services PNB provides for customers:
PNB ATM machines
Branch Banking Products & Services
- E-banking services
- Deposit accounts
- Cash management solutions
- Home Loans
- Salary Loans
- Auto Loans
- Corporate & Middle Market
- Financial Institutions
- Trade Finance
Trust & Wealth Mgmt
- Corporate Trust
- Personal Trust
- Pinnacle Priority Banking
- Fixed Income Investments
- Interest Rate Swaps
- Foreign Exchange Services
- Global Filipino Card
- Overseas Bills Payment
Through its subsidiaries and affiliate, the Bank also engages in:
- Life Insurance
- Non-Life Insurance
- Financial advisory
- Distribution of securities
- Loan syndication
- Project finance
- Stock Market Research
- Equities Trading
The Philippine National Bank is a well-established institution that provides banking services for businesses and consumers in the Philippines. They also provide non-life insurance, remittance servicing, merchant banking, stock brokerage, leasing, related services, and foreign exchange trading.
See also: PNB exchange rate – PNB Forex Today
Is PNB A Reputable Bank?
According to an international survey, in recognition of its excellent corporate governance, the Philippine National Bank has been ranked among one of Asia’s top-performing companies. ICD recognizes PNB for making efforts in developing effective policies and procedures that meet international standards while also maintaining ASEAN values like integrity, accountability, and transparency.
Out of the 245 companies assessed, PNB was one of 21 Philippine Lipi CLCs to score 90 points and above. The bank also made it into fifth place in their Financial Sector recognized for exemplary corporate governance practices!
PBN’s other awards include:
- Asiamoney Leaders For Women Survey 2021 – Recognized as one of the Leaders for Women in Asia
- Asia Responsible Enterprise Awards (AREA) 2021 – Green Leadership for Project P.L.A.N.E.T. (Protect, Love, And Nurture the Environment Together)
- 2021 Outstanding BSP Stakeholders Appreciation Ceremony – Outstanding Regional Partners are PNB (National Capital Region), PNB Laoag Cash and Clearing Unit (Region I), PNB Cebu Cash Center (Region VII), and PNB Butuan-Montilla Branch (Region XIII)
- The Asian Banker’s Risk Management Awards – Best KYC and Customer Onboarding Technology of the Year
- Asian Banking and Finance’s Retail Banking Awards – Mortgage and Home Loan Product of the Year
- Asiamoney Private Banking Awards 2021 – Best Bank for Investment Research in the Philippines
- 18th Philippine Quill Awards – More Ways to Experience More Firsts with PNB Cards, Award of Merit
- ASEAN Corporate Governance Scorecard (ACGS) – Ranked among the country’s top companies and one of the top scorers in the 2019 ACGS of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD)
- FinanceAsia Achievement Awards 2020 – PNB Capital and Investment Corp., Best of South East Asia – AREIT’s P12.3 billion ($253 million) IPO
- Government Securities Eligible Dealers (GSED) – Market Makers Awards – Philippine National Bank, one of the GSED–Market Makers for 2021
- The Asset Triple A Infrastructure Awards 2020 – PNB Capital and Investment Corp., Transport Deal of the Year-Philippines
- The Asian Banker Leadership Achievement Awards 2020 – Best CEO Response to COVID-19
- The Asian Banker Leadership Achievement Awards 2020 – Best Managed Bank during COVID-19
- Asiamoney Best Bank Awards 2020 – Philippines’ Best Bank for Corporate Social Responsibility
- Asiamoney Leaders For Women Survey 2020 – Recognized as one of the Leaders for Women in Asia
- 55th Anvil Awards – PNB-PAL Mabuhay Miles Debit Mastercard, Silver Anvil
- The Asset Triple A Country Awards 2019 – Best FIG Bond – Philippines
- SSS Balikat ng Bayan Awards – Best Paying Commercial Bank
- 17th Philippine Quill Awards – PNBlog Electronic Newsletter, Award of Merit
- 17th Philippine Quill Awards – Allianz PNB Life Insurance Inc.’s “Day of Courage” Event, Award of Merit
- 17th Philippine Quill Awards – Allianz PNB Life Insurance Inc.’s “Dare 2B Fit” Campaign, Award of Merit
- 17th Philippine Quill Awards – Allianz PNB Life Insurance Inc.’s “Project Sanlahi”, Award of Excellence
- Asian Banking and Finance Awards 2019 – PNB Capital and Investment Corp., Best Debt Deal of the Year for Phoenix Petroleum’s P10B Short-Term Commercial Papers Transaction
- ASEAN Corporate Governance Scorecard (ACGS) Arrow – Awardee
- CMO Asia Awards – Philippines’ Brand Leadership Award
- CMO Asia Awards – PNB Savings Bank’s Branch of the Future, Most Innovative Bank of the Year
- CMO Asia Awards – PNB Savings Bank, Philippines’ Best Employer Brand
- Top 100, Achievements Forum 2019 – Best Regional Enterprises and Organizations
- International Finance Awards 2018 – PNB Savings Bank’s Power Saver Account Program, Most Innovative Wealth Management Bank
- International Finance Awards 2018 – PNB Savings Bank’s Smart Personal Loan with Double Coverage, Best Loan and Mortgage Product
- Global Banking & Finance Awards 2018 – PNB Savings Bank, Fastest Growing Bank for Consumer Loans
- 54th Anvil Awards – PNB Customer Appreciation Events 2018, Silver Anvil
- 54th Anvil Awards – Allianz PNB Life 2017 Annual Report, Silver Anvil
- 54th Anvil Awards – Allianz PNB Life’s ‘Dare to be Fit’ program, Silver Anvil
- The Asset Triple A Country Awards 2018 – PNB and PNB Savings Bank, Best Syndicated Loan
- The Asset Triple A Country Awards 2018 – PNB and PNB Capital, Best Acquisition Financing
- The Asset Triple A Country Awards 2018 – PNB Capital, Most Innovative Deal
- Asian Banking and Finance Retail Banking Awards 2018 – PNB Savings Bank’s Smart Personal Loan, Consumer Finance Product of the Year
- Asian Banking and Finance Retail Banking Awards 2018 – PNB Savings Bank’s Smart Auto Loan and Home Loan Plus products, Service Innovation of the Year
- 2018 BSP Stakeholders Awards – PNB Cabanatuan Cash Center (Region III), Outstanding Regional Partner – Clean Note Policy Program
- 16th Philippine Quill Awards – Coffee Table Book: “PNB: One Hundred Years of Service Excellence”, Award of Merit
- CMO Asia Philippines Best Brand Awards 2018 – PNB Savings Bank’s Power Saver Account Program, Marketing Campaign of the Year Award
- Philippine Dealing System (PDS) Annual Awards – Top Fixed-Income Brokering Participants for 2017
- 53rd Anvil Awards – PNB 2016 Annual Report: “A Century of Excellence”, Silver Anvil
- 53rd Anvil Awards – PNB 2017 Wall Calendar, Silver Anvil
- 53rd Anvil Awards – “Experience More First” Advertising Campaign, Silver Anvil
- 53rd Anvil Awards – Allianz PNB Life Insurance, Inc.’s “Allianz Junior Football Camp Online Video Campaign”, Silver Anvil
- Robinsons Supermarket – PNB Cards Banking Solutions Group’s Vitamilk Promo, Gold Apple Award Credit Card Promotion of the Year
- 2017 Awards Ceremony and Appreciation Lunch for BSP Stakeholders – Outstanding PhilPaSS REMIT Participant
- Philippine Dealing and Exchange Corporation (PDEx) – PNB Capital is Top 3 Issue Manager for Retail Bonds in 2017
- Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) – Certification awarded to PNB for being labor-compliant
- 15th Philippine Quill Awards – PNB 2017 Wall Calendar, Award of Excellence
- 15th Philippine Quill Awards – “You First” Rebranding Campaign, Award of Merit
- Asian Banking & Finance 2017 Retail Banking Awards – PNB Savings Bank’s Smart Salary Loan Program, New Consumer Lending Product of the Year
- Asian Banking & Finance 2017 Retail Banking Awards – PNB Mobile Banking App, Digital Banking Initiative of the Year
- Annual Customer Experience in Financial Services Awards 2017 – PNB Mobile Banking App, Best Customer Experience – Mobile
- The Asian Banker Philippine Country Awards – “You First” Rebranding Campaign, Best Brand Initiative
- SSS Balikat ng Bayan Awards – Best OFW Collection Partner
- SSS Balikat ng Bayan Awards – Best Paying Commercial Bank
- 52nd Anvil Awards – Coffee Table Book: “PNB One Hundred Years of Service Excellence”, Gold Anvil
- 52nd Anvil Awards – “You First” Rebranding Campaign, Silver Anvil
- Global Business Outlook Awards – PNB Bank on Wheels, Most Innovative Banking Service – Philippines 2016
- International Finance Magazine Awards – PNB Bank on Wheels, Most Innovative Bank, Philippines 2016
- Global Banking and Finance Review Awards – PNB Bank on Wheels, Most Innovative Banking Product Philippines 2016
- Asian Banking & Finance 2016 Retail Banking Awards – SSS Pension Loan Program, New Consumer Lending Product of the Year
- The Asian Banker Philippine Country Awards – Best Remittance Product in the Philippines
- PSE Bell Awards – Top Ten Bell Awardees
- SSS Balikat ng Bayan Awards – Best Paying Commercial Bank
- 51st Anvil Awards – PNB 2014 Annual Report: “Exemplifying Filipino Banking Excellence”, Silver Anvil
- Global Banking and Finance Review Awards – PNB ATMSafe, Most Innovative Banking Product
- Asian Banking & Finance 2015 Retail Banking Awards – Best Website
- The Asian Banker Philippine Country Awards – Best Remittance Business in the Philippines
- The Asset Triple A Asia Infrastructure Awards – PNB Capital and Investment Corp., Best Project Finance Deal of the Year and Best Transport Deal for the Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3 Project; Best Transport Deal, Highly Commended for the GMR Megawide Cebu Airport Corporation Project; and Best Power Deal for the Pagbilao Energy Corporation Project
- 2014 Awards Ceremony and Appreciation Lunch for BSP Stakeholders – Outstanding PhilPaSS REMIT Participant
- Philippine Dealing and Exchange Corporation (PDEx) – Top 5 Fixed-Income Brokering Participant 2014
- Chamber of Commerce of the Philippine Islands (CCPI) – Sapphire Honorary Membership
- 2014 Retail Banker International Asia Trailblazer Awards – Healthy Ka Pinoy Emergency Medical Card, Excellence in Business Model
- 2013 Awards Ceremony and Appreciation Lunch for BSP Stakeholders – Top Commercial Bank in Generating Remittances from Overseas Filipinos
- 2013 Philippine Insurers and Reinsurance Association, Inc. (PIRA) Awards – PNB ATMSafe, Best in Innovation Award
- Bureau of the Treasury – Best Performing Government Securities Eligible Dealer
- 2012 Awards Ceremony and Appreciation Lunch for BSP Stakeholders – Top Commercial Bank in Generating Remittances from Overseas Filipinos
- Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD) – Silver Award for Good Corporate Governance
What Is PNB’s Hotline?
Philippine National Bank – Office of the Corporate Secretary
9th Floor, PNB Financial Center, Pres. D Macapagal Blvd., Pasay City
Tel. No. (632) 8526-3131 loc. 4106
What Are PNB Operating Hours?
The PNB bank is open to provide services on all weekdays from 10:00 A.M until 5:00 PM, with the exception of 1st and 3rd Saturdays when they’re closed for public holidays; 2nd & 4th Saturday if there’s also a holiday weekend happening at that time as well.
PNB Financial Center
We hope this article has been helpful in answering any questions you have about PNB. In summary, PNB is a bank that provides many benefits and services for its customers. They provide great customer service and competitive rates on loans and mortgages, as well as other banking products to help their clients succeed financially.